Come visit us at 273 Chapman’s Chapel Road, Pelham, TN
9:30 a.m. – Sunday School
10:45 a.m. – Morning Worship
11:00 a.m. – Children’s Church
6:00 p.m. – Adults, Children and Youth
Wednesday Mid-Week Service:
7:00 p.m. – Adults, Children and Youth
Who We Are
Chapman’s Chapel is a Nazarene church that has a rich history full of faith, community service and deep roots in the Pelham area. We prayerfully strive to lead people into the fullest life possible through a deepening relationship with God through worship, the holy sacraments, faithful tithing, Christian fellowship and entire sanctification.
We strongly believe that love for God and our neighbor, the ministry of reconciliation, the sacrificial life and compassion for the lost and suffering as the highest calling of the Christian life. We believe in our country and that Christian citizenship is important to live and be an example to our national motto of “In God We Trust.”
What We Believe
In one God – the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
That the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
That man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
That the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
That the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
That believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
That the Holy Sprit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
That our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.
Where We Started
In 1904, Reverend J.B. Chapman came to preach in Grundy County. One of the meetings he held that year was in an existing church in Pelham.
In 1905, the evangelist returned to continue discipling those that were converted and accepted Christ the year before but the church building he had used was not available for another revival meeting.
Mr. William Aylor offered the young evangelist the use of the back corner of his pasture in the Crossroads community. There was now a place to meet but Reverend Chapman still had no building or even a tent. Some men of the community built a “gospel barn” for the meeting made of sawmill lumber, built in board and baton style, and was completed in ten days. After the revival, the congregation was organized into the Holiness Church of Christ, which three years later joined other like-minded groups to form the Church of the Nazarene.
That original structure still stands today having undergone several changes, both inside and out, but remains a landmark of Chapman’s Chapel. In 1974, the church constructed a fellowship hall to the rear of the old church for Sunday school and church dinners. In 1985, the growth of the church required a new sanctuary and the fellowship hall was expanded to meet the needs of the congregation.